- 1 pound lean ground beef15 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup jarred salsa (I used mild)
- salt and pepper
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 15 ounce can corn, drained
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning (I use this easy recipe)
- 2 ½ cups water or low sodium chicken broth (I used one 14.5 ounce can chicken broth plus enough water to total 2 ½ cups)
- 12 ounces shell pasta shapes (whole grain or white)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook the meat, stirring often, until browned. Transfer beef to slow cooker.
- Add the bell pepper, crushed tomatoes, salsa, corn, taco seasoning, and broth or water. Stir.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours.
- Stir in the pasta. Cook on high for 10-20 minutes. Pasta cook time will vary by slow cooker, begin checking for doneness at 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cheddar cheese and serve.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 330 CaloriesTotal Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 557mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 24g