Time to Prepare: 30 minutes active; 4+ hours inactive
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 pounds sirloin beef tips or stew meat, cubed
4-5 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 (12 oz.) package McCormick Simply Better Beef Gravy
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- parsley, garnish
- mashed potatoes, garnish
- In a large, resealable plastic bag, shake together all-purpose flour, salt and black pepper until fully combined.
- Add beef tips to bag and shake until all pieces are thoroughly coated.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, work in batches to sear beef tips until edges are browned.
- Transfer beef tips to slow cooker and top with chopped onion and minced garlic.
- In a large bowl, whisk together beef broth and beef gravy until combined, then pour over beef and onion in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Optional: take 1/2 cup slow cooker liquids and stir in 2 tablespoons cornstarch. Return mixture to slow cooker, cover and cook for another 20 minutes, or until more thickened.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or egg noodles and enjoy.