Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 6 hours
Total Time 6 hours 15 minutes
Servings 12 servings
- 4-5 pounds chuck roast
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 cup beef broth
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 6 hoagie rolls
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 can beer I like a dark beer
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 12 slices Provolone Cheese
- In a large dutch oven, or if you have an aluminum insert for your slow cooker add the canola oil and heat on high.
- Add the Kosher salt and pepper to your chuck roast.
- Brown on both sides aggressively (3-5 minutes on each side).
- Don’t move the beef before flipping (this lets the meat get a deep crust).
- In a slow cooker add the meat, any meat juices from the pan, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, beer and onions.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove the meat and slice thickly.
- To assemble, butter your hoagie rolls and toast.
- Top with provolone cheese.
- In a small bowl add a cup of the liquid from the slow cooker and dip the sandwich in the bowl.