- 1 medium portobello mushroom
- 3-4 tablespoons of hemp seed basil pesto
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 slices of sourdough (or your favorite) bread
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 2-3 artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- thinly sliced onion (I like a lot. Put as much as you like!)
- Gently clean the mushroom cap, remove stem, and thinly slice the cap. Lightly sauté in 1 teaspoon of coconut oil in a medium frying pan for 3-4 minutes, until slightly softened. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 teaspoon of coconut oil on a large griddle over medium heat or preheat your panini press and spray with non-stick spay. Spread each slice of bread with pesto on one side & assemble portobellos, artichoke hearts and sliced onion on top. Place sandwich on the griddle and cook until golden, then flip. When finished, remove from heat and add the avocado slices. Slice, and enjoy!
Next Recipe By http://www.eatwell101.com/vegan-sandwich-recipes