- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks) - softened at room temperature
- Holiday sprinkles
- 12 oz bag semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon solid shortening
- Mini Baking Cups
1. Line a large baking sheet with wax or parchment paper and set aside.
2. Pour powdered sugar into a large mixing bowl
3. Ground up cereal in the food processor, and add to the powdered sugar. Mix together.
4. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the peanut butter and softened butter.
5. Add the powdered sugar mixture and stir well to blend completely.
6. Cover and chill for 15 minutes for easier handling.
7. Remove from refrigerator and roll into 2 inch balls. Place on lined baking sheet.
8. In a double boiler, melt the shortening. Add the chocolate chips and stir until melted and smooth.
9. Dip the peanut butter balls into the melted chocolate. You can either work from the double boiler pan or you can transfer the melted chocolate into a smaller bowl for easier handling. Place the chocolate coated peanut butter balls on the lined baking sheet.
10. If desired, sprinkle each peanut butter ball with holidays sprinkles before the chocolate hardens.
11. Store chilled in an airtight container for up to 4 weeks.