Christmas Cheesecake is fun and festive dessert for Xmas Holidays.
- ¼ cup melted unsalted butter
- 24 Oreo cookies (whole with the filling)
Cream Cheese Filling:
- 2 teaspoon vanilla or peppermint extract
- 4 eggs slightly beaten
- 32 oz. cream cheese softened at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- Red and green food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Grease 9” springform pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Then wrap springform pan in 2 layers of aluminum foil to make sure no water leaks in when you place it in water bath.
- First, pulse Oreo cookies in a food processor to make fine crumbs and stir in melted butter until evenly moistened. Then press the mixture firmly into the bottom of springform pan and place in the freezer to firm.
- Next, mix cream cheese, sugar and peppermint extract just to combine. Add eggs and mix on low speed just to combine, too. Do not overmix it!!! Then fold in sour cream. The batter should be pourable, but not too runny.
- Reserve half of the batter in white color and remaining half divide in 2 small bowls and add red and green food coloring.
- To make striped effect, pour the batter in small amounts in the center of the crust. Start with white batter and continue alternately with green and red, until use all batters. In case your batter is a bit thicker than it should and won’t push down and spread out previous layer, gently shake the pan to cause the spreading. As you layering the batter it should spread and make concentric circles.
- Gently transfer springform pan in large roasting pan filled with hot water halfway through. Place in the oven and bake 90-110 minutes until the edges are set and the center is just slightly jiggly. Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in the oven for 1 hour. Then lift springform pan from water bath and place it on the counter to cool at room temperature. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- First remove foil, then remove ring from springform pan.
- Store in the fridge.