- 6 ice cream sugar cones
- green frosting (or use white frosting + green food dye)
- 6 cupcakes
- Wilton Color Mist Spray - green
- M&M candy - green, yellow and red
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 6 cup cupcake pan with liners.
- Prepare the cake mix according to directions. Pour into the cupcake pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Let cool.
- Add store bought frosting into a bowl. Add green food coloring and mix until desired color of green. You can also use this Betty Crocker Cupcake Frosting.
- Pipe the green frosting onto the cupcakes and then set aside.
- Spray the sugar cones with the color mist. Set aside and let dry.
- Once the sugar cones (Christmas trees) are dry, place a dot of frosting on the back of an M&M and then place it on to the tree to act as ornaments. Repeat and place about 10 M&M's on each cone.
- Set the sugar cone on top of the green frosting on the cupcake.