Prep Time30 min Cook Time5 min Total Time35 min
- 2 large carrots, spiralized (or thinly chopped)
- 1 zucchini, spiralized (or thinly chopped)
- 4 ounces brown rice noodles
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- optional toppings: crushed cashews/peanuts, scallions, crunchy rice noodles, cilantro
- 1 cup purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3-4 leaves of kale (about 4 cups, divided)
- lime wedges, for spritzing
SPICY ALMOND BUTTER DRESSING
- 1/4 cup raw almond butter (or peanut butter/sunflower butter)1 tablespoon tamari (or low-sodium soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup (or agave)
- 2 tablespoons coconut vinegar (or rice vinegar)
- 1-2 tablespoons warm water, to desired consistency
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger, or freshly minced ginger
- 1-2 teaspoons sriracha (or more, to taste) or 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a medium-sized pot, bring water to a boil. Remove from heat and add in the brown rice noodles for 5 minutes. Drain and place noodles in a bowl of cold water (to avoid noodles from sticking together) and set aside, until ready to assemble the salad.
- Meanwhile, prepare edamame according to directions (I usually steam in the microwave in a small bowl filled with water!).
- Using a spiralizer, spiralize the carrots and zucchini. Chop the cabbage and kale.
- Prepare the dressing in a small bowl, by whisking all ingredients together until smooth and creamy. Could take a few minutes of mixing!
- Divide all veggies and noodles into two bowls. Sprinkle with optional toppings. Drizzle with almond butter dressing.