Prep: 5mCook: 20mYield: serves 4-6 people
An easy 30 minute meal! Easily gluten free and vegan, and packed with ginger and garlic flavor.
- 1 + 1/2 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 4 big cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. pasta (gluten free if desired)
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- salt + pepper
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce or gluten free tamari*
- 1 and 1/4 cup pasta water
- 10 oz. broccoli (about 2 cups), cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2+ tsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. honey (or maple syrup for vegans)*
- red pepper flakes (optional)
To garnish: sliced green onion, sesame seeds
- Cook pasta according to package directions.** Reserve 1 and 1/4 cup of pasta water before draining. You'll need it in a sec.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat (it should be large enough to hold your pasta once it's done cooking), Add ginger and garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Don't let the garlic brown too much.
- Add pasta water and broccoli, season with salt and pepper, cover, and cook for 5-10 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender.
- In a small bowl, mix soy sauce, honey, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- When your broccoli is tender, add your noodles and toss with kitchen tongs to combine. Pour your sauce mixture over top and toss. Finish with sesame oil, and toss once again. Taste, and adjust salt and pepper if necessary. I added both.
- Serve immediately, or eat straight from the fridge.
*I really liked having the garlic and ginger shine here, so this pasta isn't too saucy. If you want it saucy, go ahead and increase the soy sauce and honey quantities by 2 or 3.