Recipe type: Side
Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 40 mins Total time: 55 mins
Enjoy the comforting flavors of the season in this Fall Brussels Sprouts Quinoa Salad! It's sweet and salty in a healthy side dish. (vegan & gluten-free)
- ⅔ cup dry quinoa
- 1 medium pomegranate, deseeded
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, halved
- 3 cups butternut squash, cut into ½-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds (optional)
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 1 small orange, juiced (about ¼ cup)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease with cooking spray.
- Place Brussels sprouts on one side of the pan and butternut squash on the other side, or you can use two pans.
- Bake for 25 minutes; remove Brussels sprouts and place into a large bowl. Return squash to the oven; bake for 15-20 more minutes, until tender. Add to the bowl with Brussels sprouts
- While the vegetables are baking, rinse quinoa in a small mesh strainer. Heat a small saucepan over medium heat; add quinoa. Cook for 1-2 minutes until lightly toasted. Add 1⅓ cups water; turn heat to high. Once boiling, cover and cook for 13-15 minutes, until fluffy.
- In a small bowl, add orange juice, balsamic vinegar, hemp seeds, salt, and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- In the large bowl with the vegetables, add quinoa, pomegranate seeds, and pecans. Stir to combine. Pour in the dressing; stir.
- Serve as a side dish and enjoy!