- 2/3 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1 Avocado, peeled and pitted, mashed or cubed
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 2/3 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Chopped Cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- Canola Oil
- 3 Jalapeños, seeded and diced
- 1 package Wonton Wrappers
- In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, avocado, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, cilantro and jalapeños.
- On a clean work surface, lay out a wonton wrapper so a corner is pointed towards you (making it look like a diamond).
- Moisten the edges of the wrappers with water. Add 1 tsp of the filling in the center of the wonton wrapper.
- Fold the wrapper in half, over the filling. Start by pressing around the filling gently and pressing out towards the edges to seal. You want to make sure there are no air pockets by the filling so it seals properly. Repeat with the remaining filling and wonton wrappers.
- Heat 2 to 3 inches of canola oil in a heavy-bottomed large pot. Once the oil reaches 375°F on an oil thermometer, fry the wontons in batches of 3 to 4 at a time.
- Fry until golden brown, approximately 1 minute per side. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Serve hot with a garnish of cilantro and sliced jalapeño, if desired.