- Juice of 3 lemons, more or less to taste
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 cup sliced almonds, chopped
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 16 oz. (1 lb.) orzo pasta
- 15 oz can of cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves, chopped (or as much as you like!)
- Add water to a large saucepan and bring to a boil on the stove top. Once boiling, lightly salt the water and add orzo and stir. Let pasta cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally so that the pasta doesn’t stick. When pasta is to your preferred doneness, drain the water and add pasta to a bowl to cool. You’ll want to stir the pasta as it cools to ensure it doesn’t stick together. If it begins to stick, drizzle pasta with a little bit of olive oil and it should be fine.
- In a separate bowl, add lemon juice, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper and whisk to combine. Pour over cooled orzo and stir to combine. Add almonds, cannellini beans, and basil and stir to combine evenly. Refrigerate the pasta salad for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- As the pasta will absorb some of the liquid as it is refrigerated, you may want to drizzle a little extra olive oil and lemon juice over top and stir in before serving.
NUTRITION INFORMATION Yield: 8-10 servings, Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 248 Calories Total Fat: 8.4g Carbohydrates: 36.5g Fiber: 2.5g Sugar: 1.9g Protein: 7.1g