Yield: 12 mini cheesecakes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook: 3 hours 38 minutes
For the crust
- 3 tablespoons (1.5 ounces) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 sleeve (9 cookies, 4.8 ounces) graham crackers
For the filling
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
For the topping
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 banana, sliced
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon bourbon or dark rum
For the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 12 cup mini cheesecake pan with nonstick spray.
- Place the graham crackers in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely ground. Add in the melted butter and pulse until moistened. Divide the mixture among the cavities of the cheesecake pan, about 1 heaping tablespoon in each. Firmly press into the bottom of each cavity (a shot glass or other small object makes easy work of this).
- Bake the crusts for 5 minutes, or until fragrant. Remove from oven and reduce temperature to 325°F.
For the filling:
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese and sugar on medium-high speed until smooth and fluffy. Add the banana, vanilla, and salt and beat until smooth. Add the egg and beat until just combined. Divide the mixture among each cavity.
- Bake for about 18 minutes, or until set. Let cool to room temperature. Cover with plastic wrap and let chill for at least 3 hours or overnight.
For the topping:
In a medium skillet set over medium heat melt the butter. Add in the sugar and cinnamon and whisk until melted and smooth. Add the banana and allow to soften and brown slightly. Add the bourbon and simmer for a few minutes.