- Oreo Crust
- 1 package oreos
- 1 stick butter, melted
- two, 8 oz packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 oreos, chopped
- 1 container Cool Whip (8 oz), thawed
- 1 & 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Oreos, some cut in half, others chopped
- Oreo Crust
- Process the oreos in a food processor until fine crumbs remain. In a large bowl, combine the crushed oreos with the melted butter. Press this mixture evenly into a 10 inch pie pan. Place in fridge until ready to use.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until well blended. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract, beat again.
- Mix in the the chopped oreos and cool whip and stir with a spatula until mixed. Spread this mixture on the crust and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Place chocolate chips in a medium heat-proof bowl.
- In a small pot over low heat, heat the heavy cream until just before boiling.
- Pour the heavy cream over the chocolate chips. Allow the mixture to stand for 1-2 minutes.
- Use a spatula to stir the mixture until smooth.
- Allow the ganache to come to room temperature before adding it to the pie.
- Before the chocolate hardens, add the oreos to the top. Start by adding the halved oreos around the edges, placing them as close or as far apart as you want. Then add chopped oreos to the center of the pie.
- Cover the pie with tinfoil and return to the freezer or fridge for 1-2 hours. Before serving, remove the pie from the freezer and let it sit for a few minutes to make cutting it easier. Cover and freeze or refrigerate any leftovers.