One Bowl Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Bread (V, GF, DF): an easy, one bowl recipe for perfectly rich and moist classic pumpkin bread. Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free.
Author: Demeter | Beaming Baker
Recipe type: Quick Bread, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
Serves: 1 loaf
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Wet Ingredients
- 1 cup 100% pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 5 mins)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8.5x4.5 or 9x5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- Add the wet ingredients to a large bowl: pumpkin, coconut oil, maple syrup, sugar, flax egg, and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- In the same bowl, add the dry ingredients: oat flour, almond meal, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and salt. Whisk together until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and spread into an even layer. Using a butter knife, cut a slit down the top of the loaf, making it slightly off center. This will create a beautiful split down the top of the loaf. Bake for 50-65 minutes.* Test for doneness by sticking a toothpick into the center of the loaf. The toothpick will come out clean when the loaf is done.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack for 2-3 hours, or until completely cool. Lift out, slice and enjoy!
- *Bake time for each loaf: In an 8.5x4.5 inch loaf pan, mine took about 60 minutes. In an 9x5 inch loaf pan, mine took about 55 minutes.
- Adapted from my Chocolate Banana Nut Bread (Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free).
- Storage notes: Cool completely, then store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- This loaf freezes well. Wrap in parchment paper and store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes, or pop in the microwave for 20 second increments until warm.
Recipe By https://beamingbaker.com/one-bowl-gluten-free-vegan-pumpkin-bread-v-gf-df/