Author: Laura @ Petite Allergy Treats
- 8 medjool dates
- 3 Tbsp oil (I used avocado oil)
- 1 batch Fudgy Brownies
- Salted Caramel
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- rock sea salt for garnish
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Bake and allow to completely cool before topping with caramel.
- Salted Caramel SaucePit dates and coarsely chop.
- Combine all ingredients in a high powered blender or large food processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Pour over brownies and evenly spread.
- Garnish with rock salt.
Wait to garnish tops with salt if not enjoying immediately. The salt will draw out the water from the caramel and cause the salt to 'melt' and disappear. The caramel will also remain soft and gooey so be careful transporting away from home.
Recipe By http://petiteallergytreats.com/salted-caramel-brownies-gluten-free-vegan-egg-free/