Author: The Mediterranean Dish
Prep Time: 10 minsCook Time: 9 minsTotal Time: 19 minutes
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lb thin spaghetti
- 1/2 cup Early Harvest Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 scallions (green onions), top trimmed, both whites and greens chopped
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 12 oz grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese, more if you like
- 10-15 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 6 oz marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/4 cup pitted olives, halved
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Follow package instructions to cook thin spaghetti pasta to al dente (mine took 6 minutes to cook in plenty of boiling water with salt and olive oil).
- When pasta is almost cooked, heat the extra virgin olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Lower the heat and add garlic and a pinch of salt. Cook for 10 seconds, stirring regularly. Stir in the parsley, tomatoes and chopped scallions. Cook over low heat until just warmed through, about 30 seconds or so.
- When the pasta is ready, remove from heat, drain cooking water and return to its cooking pot. Pour the warmed olive oil sauce in and toss to coat thoroughly. Add black pepper and toss again to coat.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss one more time. Serve immediately in pasta bowls, and if you like, top each with more basil leaves and feta. Enjoy!