Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Calories 75 kcal
- 8 pieces of baguette , thinly sliced
- 2 tsp . extra virgin olive oil
- 2 oz . cream cheese
- fresh dill weed
- 1/4 c . drained capers
- 3 oz . thin sliced smoked salmon , (Ducktrap River Spruce point Scottish style smoked salmon, 4 oz. pkg)
- Heat a heavy skillet on medium heat
- Brush both sides of the baguette with olive oil and place in the dry skillet.
- Toast until the desired char is achieved, about 2 mins.
- Turn and toast the second side, 2 mins
- Spread each toasted baguette with cream cheese.
- Add a sprig of dill and 4 or 5 capers
- Top with a slice of smoked salmon
- Add a few more capers on each
- Serve warm or at room temperature
The package of smoked salmon that I used contained 7 thinly sliced pieces, approximately 4" by 5 " in size. On each baguette I used 1/2 of a slice of salmon. I made 8 crostinis and had 3 slices of salmon left. The package therefore, could make 6 more appetizers if desired.