This is absolutely the BEST Sweet Potato Casserole ever. Since this casserole includes a delicious streusel type topping, it makes it similar no other. Perfect for Thanksgiving too Christmas dinners.
The recipe calls for just about uncomplicated ingredients. If you lot exercise non accept one-half too one-half on hand, you lot could usage milk or fifty-fifty a heavy cream. I used a salted butter. If you lot are using unsalted, you lot tin add together inwards a dash of table salt when making the casserole. Miniature marshmallows volition go best simply you lot could cutting big ones inwards one-half if that is all you lot accept on hand.
- 4 large Sweet Potatoes
- 10 tbsp Butter, divided
- 1/2 cup Half and Half
- 1 1/3 cup Brown Sugar, divided
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- 3/4 tsp Nutmeg, divided
- 3/4 tsp Cinnamon, divided
- 2 1/2 cup Mini Marshmallows
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/4 cup Quick Oats
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line baking sheet with foil.
- Wash and pierce sweet potatoes. Then place on prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove skins from potatoes and discard.
- Place potatoes in large bowl.
- Mash or beat potatoes.
- Add 6 tablespoons butter and beat until creamy.
- Add 1 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup Half and Half, 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg.
- Beat until well blended.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heavily butter 2 quart casserole and add sweet potato mixture.
- Sprinkle marshmallows on top.
- In a small bowl, melt 4 tablespoons butter in microwave.
- Add flour, 1/3 cup brown sugar, quick oats, 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg.
- Mix together with a fork until crumbly.
- Sprinkle mixture over marshmallows.
- Bake 30-35 minutes.