1 hrs 20 mins
Banana bread is always a good use for overripe bananas. But this vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread is everything you've ever wanted! Drizzle it with more peanut butter sauce, just because!
Cuisine: American, Vegan
Calories: 164 kcal
Author: Bianca / Elephantastic Vegan
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil , liquid
1/4 cup maple syrup *
4 very ripe bananas
3/4 cup plant-based milk e.g. rice milk
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups whole wheat flour (or use all-purpose flour)
1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
Ingredients for the peanut butter sauce
- hot water to thin it out
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- US Customary - Metric
- Preheat the oven to 320°F/160°C and line a loaf pan** with parchment paper.
- Peel the bananas, add them to a large bowl and mash them. To the bananas, add the plant-based milk, coconut oil and maple syrup. Give it a quick mix.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and a pinch of salt to the wet ingredients and whisk everything together.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- For the peanut butter sauce, simply whisk together the peanut butter and maple syrup and thin it out with hot water until drizzable. Add 1-2 tablespoons of the sauce to the batter in the loaf pan and swirl around a bit.
- Bake it in the oven for about 1 hour or until golden brown on the top. You can use a wooden stick to test if your banana bread is done in the middle.
- Drizzle with more peanut butter sauce before serving!
* For me, the ripe bananas and maple syrup make the banana bread sweet enough, but if you like it sweeter, feel free to add white or brown sugar. I've had a few readers comment that they would have liked it sweeter - just so you know! :)
**Loaf pan dimension: 10 x 4.7 inch (25.5 x 12cm)
Recipe By https://www.elephantasticvegan.com/vegan-chocolate-peanut-butter-banana-bread/