Makes 6 baked doughnuts
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup bob’s red mill gf all purpose baking flour
- 3/4 teaspoon xanthan Gum
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, at room temperature
For the chocolate glaze:
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 4 ounces vegan chocolate, chopped (please make sure the chocolate is GF is this is an issue for you!)
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Spread coconut on a large baking sheet and toast for 5 -6 minutes, or until golden. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Lightly grease a doughnut pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl whisk together the wet ingredients, then gently pour them into the dry ones. Fold ingredients together until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared doughnut pan, and bake for 13 – 15 minutes, or until the doughnuts spring back when lightly pressed. Allow doughnuts to cool a few minutes in the pan before transferring to a doughnut pan to cool completely.
- While your doughnuts are cooling, make your glaze!
- In a small saucepan heat coconut milk just until it begins to simmer. Remove from heat and whisk in chopped chocolate, stirring until completely smooth. Whisk in confectioners sugar. Dip each cooled doughnut into the warm chocolate topping, then into the toasted coconut.
- Let doughnuts rest another 3-4 minutes after dipping, then EAT!
Recipe By http://bakerbynature.com/vegan-gluten-free-chocolate-coconut-cake-doughnuts/