FOR: 6 SERVINGS
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk, (full-fat from the can)
- 8-ounce box elbow pasta, ( I used gluten-free pasta)
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for a couple hours
- 2 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- parsley flakes, for garnish
- Pinch Cayenne pepper
- paprika, for garnish
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water according to package directions until al dente. Drain and return to pot.
- Drain cashews and discard water. In a high-speed blender process cashews, water, coconut milk, nutritional yeast flakes, red bell pepper, onion, garlic, lemon juice, salt, cayenne until smooth and creamy.
- Pour sauce over pasta and stir to fully coat, add extra salt if needed. Cook on low until thickened.
- Serve immediately or transfer to a greased baking dish and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes.
Recipe By https://healthiersteps.com/recipe/vegan-mac-and-cheese/