20 Minute Garlic Beef and Broccoli Lo Mein has melt in your mouth tender beef with broccoli, carrots, and noodles. The sauce adds such amazing flavor to this incredibly easy meal!
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounce flank steak, sliced against the grain
- 8 ounces lo mein noodles, or spaghetti noodles
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 Tablespoons hoisen sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- In a large pot with boiling water, cook the noodles according to package directions. Add the broccoli the last 5 minutes of cooking and let them cook until tender. Drain the noodles and broccoli.
- While the pasta is cooking, add olive oil to a medium sized skillet. Cook the steak until no longer pink. Add the garlic, and carrots and cook for a minute more.
- In a small bowl whisk together the brown sugar soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, ginger, red pepper and pepper.
- Add the spaghetti to the skillet and pour the sauce on top and toss until incorporated.