Author: For the Love of Basil
- 4 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 pound salmon, cute into 4 fillets
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 1 package 10 oz frozen spinach
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- juice from one lime
- 1.5 teaspoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cook rice as directed. I cook mine in a rice cooker, and it takes about 30 minuets.
- Sauté the garlic and pepper flakes with olive oil until garlic is lightly golden and fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add pure maple syrup, soy sauce, and lime juice and cook until it starts to bubble.
- Whisk cornstarch into 1.5 teaspoons water until mixed thoroughly; stir into the sauce. Cook until it is thick; about 2-3 minutes.
- Place salmon fillets on foil lined baking pan. Top each fillet with 1 teaspoon of sauce. Bake 12 minutes or until cooked thoroughly.
- Saute spinach in non-stick pan over medium heat. Since it is frozen and will release water as it cooks, I do not add any oil.
- Divide rice equally among 4 bowls; top each bowl with spinach, salmon fillets with the skin removed.
- Top each bowl with remaining sauce and sprinkle with black sesame seeds.