- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups butter, at room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch salt
Bakery Style Chocolate Buttercream Frosting Directions
- In the bowl of your mixer beat the butter on medium speed until nice and creamy.
- Turn the mixer down to the lowest setting and slowly incorporate the powdered sugar and cocoa powder into the butter.
- Once you have added all the sugar to the mix add the heavy cream, vanilla and salt. Turn the mixer up to medium-high speed and continue mixing for 10 minutes until light and fluffy.
- The buttercream can be stored at room temperature for up to three days or in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. When you bring it out of the refrigerator let it sit at room temperature for two hours. Than re-whip it for ten minutes to bring it back to life.