Cinnabons Cinnamon Rolls – a cinnabon copycat recipe, about the closest you’ll get to the real thing. Super easy to make.
Calories: 499 kcal
Author: Joanna Cismaru
- 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 cup milk warm
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup margarine I used softened unsalted butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 3 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup margarine softened
Cream cheese icing
- 6 tbsp margarine I used unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- US Customary - Metric
- For the rolls, dissolve the yeast in the warm milk in a large bowl. Let it sit for about 5 minutes. If the yeast is good, it will start to froth up.
- Add sugar, butter, salt, eggs, and flour to the bowl of a mixer and mix well.
- Pour the milk/yeast mixture in the bowl and using the dough hook, mix well until well incorporated.
- Place dough into an oiled bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place about 1 hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface, until it is approx 16 inches long by 12 inches wide. It should be approx 1/4 inch thick.
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- To make filling, combine the butter or margarine, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the surface of the dough. Alternatively you can spread the butter first on the dough and then the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture.
Full Recipe Source : https://www.jocooks.com/desserts-2/cinnabons-cinnamon-rolls/