Preparation 20 mins Total Time 0:20
Serves 12 ADJUST SERVINGS
FOR THE CHOCOLATE
- 10oz bag dairy-free dark chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life)
- 2 tsp extra virgin coconut oil
FOR THE FILLING
- 3 TBS mashed purple sweet potato (see notes for how to prepare)
- 3 TBS pure coconut butter*
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Line mini muffin pan with 12 paper liners, set aside.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in about 20 second increments, stirring in between until chips have completely melted. (You can also melt in a small saucepan on stove over low heat, or a double boiler. Just be careful not to burn your chips whichever method you prefer!)
- Scoop just a little less than ½ tablespoon of melted chocolate into 12 muffin liners. Transfer pan to freezer and allow chocolate to set for 5 minutes.
- While bottom chocolate layer sets, make your filling: In a small bowl, microwave coconut butter with mashed purple sweet potato Set aside.
- Take muffin pan out of freezer. Using ½ teaspoon, scoop a rounded ball of sweet potato coconut butter (equal to about 1 tsp) and place on solid chocolate. Gently press butter down a little bit with back of teaspoon to flatten. Cover in more melted chocolate, about another ½ tablespoon. Transfer pan back to freezer for another 5 minutes until set.
- I like to store my chocolate cups in the fridge, then allow to come to room temperature before eating. Enjoy!
*It's really easy to make your own coconut butter! Just follow this tutorial from my friend, Les.
-To prepare purple sweet potato you can boil a small potato in pot covered with water, for about 30 minutes, or until soft. Alternatively you can also bake the potato in the oven at 400F, about 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on size of potato.