- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp low fat milk
- 8 oz cellentani or pasta of your choice
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- finely chopped parsley (optional)
- ground black pepper (optional)
- Boil pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, add milk and garlic cloves. Simmer for a few minutes until garlic softens and flavor infuses into the milk. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, add butter. Bring saucepan to low heat until butter is melted. Add in flour and whisk until smooth roux forms. Remove and discard garlic cloves from milk and then add milk into roux. Also add in heavy cream, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, garlic powder and mustard. Bring saucepan to medium heat. Whisk and stir until cheese is completely melted and sauce is thick and smooth.
- Add cooked pasta to cheese sauce, stirring until pasta is evenly coated. Garnish with parsley and fresh ground pepper if desired before serving.