Author: Aly M. Cleary | Inspired by Ina Garten & Ottelenghi
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- 1 15-ounce can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large English cucumber, seeded and diced
- 5 scallions, diced (white and green parts)
- 1/4 cup of fresh flat leaf parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup of fresh mint, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3/4 cup of crumbled feta, divided
FOR THE VINAIGRETTE:
- 1 clove of grated garlic
- 1/2 cup of olive oil (I love using an unfiltered olive oil for this recipe)
- Zest and Juice of 3 lemons
- 2 teaspoons of of Gourmet Garden Basil Stir In Paste
- 1 teaspoon of kosher sal
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper
- In a large bowl, toss together the cucumber, diced scallions, chickpeas, grape tomatoes, diced red and orange bell pepper, parsley, mint and a 1/2 cup of the crumbled feta.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon zest and juice, Basil paste, and garlic.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil so that everything emulsifies.
- Add the salt and pepper and whisk again.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the vegetables and chickpeas and toss to combine.
- Garnish with the remaining 1/4 cup of feta cheese and serve with toasted pita chips for serving.