VANILLA WAFER CRUST
- 4 tbsp (56g) Challenge Butter, melted
- 1 cup (134g) vanilla wafer cookie crumbs
- 2 tbsp (26g) sugar
- 3 tbsp (24g) all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (58g) sour cream
- 12 ounces (339g) Challenge Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (104g) sugar
- 2 eggs
- Banana slices
- 1/4 cup lightly mashed bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Vanilla wafers
- 3/4 cup (180ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
- 6 tbsp (44g) powdered sugar
- Banana slices
1. Preheat oven to 325°F (162°C). Add cupcake liners to a cupcake pan.
2. Combine the vanilla wafer cookies crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Divide the mixture between the cupcake liners (about 2 tablespoons per cup) and press into the bottoms.
3. Bake the crusts for 5 minutes then remove from oven. Allow to cool while you make the filling.
FILLING AND TOPPING
4. Reduce oven to 300°F (148°C).
5. In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar, and flour until combined (Use low speed to keep less air from getting into the batter, which can cause cracks). Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
6. Add the sour cream and mashed bananas. Beat on low speed until well combined.
7. Add the vanilla extract and the first egg and beat slowly until mostly combined.
8. Add the remaining egg and mix until well combined.
9. Add a small amount of filling to each cheesecake cup, then add a couple banana slices on top.
10. Add additional filling on top of the banana slices, filling each cup until mostly full.
10. Bake the cheesecakes for 18-20 minutes, then turn off the oven and leave the door closed for another 5 minutes.
11. Crack the oven door and allow cheesecakes to cool for 15-20 minutes, then put in the fridge to finish cooling.
12. When cheesecakes are cooled, remove them from the pan.
13. To make the whipped cream, add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract to a large mixer bowl. Whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
14. Pipe a swirl of whipped cream on top of each cheesecake and finish off with a banana slice and vanilla wafer.
15. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Cheesecakes are best when well covered for 2-3 days.