- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 TBSPs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsps salt
- 14 TBSPs unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar plus more for rolling
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 TBSP red food coloring
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 4 TBSP unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar not packed
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare baking pans with parchment paper or silicon baking mats .
- In a large bowl mix together 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour, 2 TBSPs cocoa powder, 1/2 tsp baking powder, and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Cream together the 14 TBSPs (1 3/4 sticks) butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs, one at a time, then 2 tsps vanilla, 1 tsp white vinegar, and 1 TBSP red food coloring.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture a little bit at a time until the dough is fully combined.
- Using a medium scoop make 1 inch balls out of the dough (about 1 1/2 TBSPs worth), roll them in sugar, and space them out 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until the edges of the cookies being to crisp.
- Remove from the oven and after two minutes, remove the cookies from the baking sheets and transfer to cooling racks. Allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, mix together the butter and cream cheese until fully combined. Add the vanilla extract. Slowly mix in the powdered sugar until fully combined. Spread over the cooled cookies.