- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1½ pounds boneless chicken breast
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 cup water
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- chopped fresh parsley for serving, if desired
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, or more to taste
- 2 cups cheese tortellini
- Add all of the ingredients to a slow cooker except for the tortellini.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the slow cooker and shred or cube and add back to the slow cooker.
- Add in the tortellini and cook for 15 minutes or until they are cooked all the way through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Discard bay leaves and serve immediately with chopped parsley, if desired.