YIELDS: 36 PIECES
Sugar Cookie Dough:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 6 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1-3 Tablespoons milk or cream (I used 2)
- 3 Tablespoons sprinkles
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 12 ounces white chocolate
- Blue food coloring
- Make the Cookie Dough: In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar together until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the vanilla, almond extract, flour, salt, 1 Tablespoon of milk/cream, and mix until combined. Add 1-2 Tablespoons of milk/cream until dough holds together.
- Roll the cookie dough into small balls, then place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Chill in the freezer while you work on the fudge.
- Make the Fudge: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, whip the cream cheese until creamy. Gradually add the powdered sugar a 1/2 cup at a time, beating until fully combined.
- Microwave the white chocolate for 1 minute, remove and stir. Then return it to the microwave for 20-30 seconds more until smooth and lumpless. Add melted white chocolate to the cream cheese mixture and beat on high until smooth and fluffy.* Pour about 1/3 of the mixture into a bowl and stir in the blue food coloring.
- Remove chilled cookie dough balls from the freezer and place 1/3 of them on the bottom of a parchment-lined 8-inch square baking pan. Pour half of the white fudge over the dough balls, followed by half of the blue fudge. Drizzle the remainder of the white fudge on top, followed by the remainder of the blue fudge. Top with the remaining dough balls.
- Using a skewer or knife, swirl figure-eights throughout the fudge, reaching all the way to the bottom of the dish. Lift up pan and drop from about 1-inch above work surface to settle the fudge and to remove any air bubbles. Top with sprinkles, then use a piece of wax paper to gently press sprinkles into the fudge, so that they don’t slide around once fudge has hardened.
Full Recipe Source: http://www.abajillianrecipes.com/2016/12/12/sugar-cookie-dough-fudge/