This post contains affiliate links. HECR will make a small commission from purchases through these links at no cost to you!
This is one of the best recipes to use leftover mashed potatoes, especially after the holidays! A mixture of fresh herbs, garlic and some cheesy goodness makes this potato pancake perfection!
Ingredients (10-14 cakes)
- olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cooked mashed potatoes
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Saute onion and garlic in one teaspoon of olive oil over medium heat until tender. Remove from heat.
- Combine onion mixture, potatoes, flour, eggs, cheddar, parsley, salt and pepper until mixed.
- Heat one teaspoon olive oil in a non stick skillet over medium high heat until hot. Drop potato mixture by rounded tablespoons into the skillet, flatten slightly and cook three minutes on each side until golden. Drain on paper towel to cool.
- Repeat with remaining potato mixture adding oil to skillet as needed.
- Serve immediately garnished with more chopped parsley, sour cream, cheddar or sliced green onions.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan