These quick and easy baked donuts are downright delicious. With pops of fresh, sweet, fruity raspberries; specks of smooth vanilla and a creamy, rich white chocolate glaze these donuts are the reason to get out of bed!
Course: Breakfast, Brunch
Calories: 296 kcal
Author: Cheyanne Bany
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Large Egg , lightly beaten
- 1 TBS Shortening , melted*
- 1/3 Cup + 1 TBS Almond Milk *
- 1 tsp Vinegar *
- 1 Vanilla Bean Seeded
- ½ Cup Raspberries – roughly chopped
- ¾ Cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 TBS Almond Milk
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¾ Cup White Chocolate Chips
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray donut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the almond milk and vinegar. Set aside for 5 minutes to allow to curdle.
- In a large bowl, whisk together, flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Add in egg, melted shortening, curdled almond milk and vanilla seeds. Stir until just combined. Add in raspberries and gently fold to combine. The batter should be thick.
- Spoon the batter into a large piping bag or freezer bag (with tip snipped off wide enough for pecans to pass through). Pipe batter into pan cavities filling about 3/4 full (batter will expand and rise).
- Bake for 7-8 minutes or until the top of donut springs back to touch. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan 5 minutes before removing. Remove donuts and let cool completely before glazing.
- Meanwhile, Make the Glaze: Melt white chocolate, almond milk and vanilla extract in a double boiler over medium-low heat. Allow to cool slightly. Whisk in powdered sugar.
- Dip the tops of donuts in the glaze and generously top with sprinkles. Serve.
*Can substitute 1/3 Cup Buttermilk for Almond Milk and Vinegar
*Can substitute 1 TBS Unsalted Butter for Shortening
*Donuts are best served fresh, but unglazed donuts will keep, stored in an airtight container on the counter, overnight. Glaze before serving.
*Nutritional Information includes donuts and glaze, but not optional sprinkles.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan