An easy and healthier take on cashew chicken. Ready in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 tbsp olive oil or canola oil
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds and stem removed and cut into bite-sized squares
- 1 green bell pepper. seeds and stem removed and cut into bite-sized squares
- 1 cup unsalted whole cashews or cashew halves
- 2 green scallions, finely sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 1/2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp water + 2 tsp cornstarch
- Add oil to a large skillet or wok. Bring to medium high heat. Add in cauliflower and bell peppers. Stir and cook until vegetables are tender but still crispy. Turn off heat. Drain any liquid from the pan.
- In a small saucepan, add all sauce ingredients except the 2 tbsp water + 2 tsp cornstarch. Bring sauce to a simmer and cook about 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce is slightly reduced and flavor of the garlic is infused into the sauce. Taste and adjust sauce as needed to suit personal preference.
- In a small bowl, add cornstarch into water. Use a small whisk or fork to stir until cornstarch is completely dissolved into the water. Pour into sauce. Stir immediately and mix it into the sauce to prevent cornstarch from clumping. Bring sauce to a simmer again and cook just until sauce is thickened. This should take less than a minute. Sauce should be able to coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove sauce from heat and pour into the cauliflower mixture. Add in cashews. Bring cauliflower pan to low heat and stir and toss until all the vegetables and cashews are evenly coated in sauce. Be careful not to have the heat too high as it will overcook your vegetables and it will also make your sauce watery. Once vegetables are evenly coated, dish out and garnish with scallions.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : https://kirbiecravings.com/2018/01/cashew-cauliflower.html