Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 box white cake mix
- Water vegetable oil and eggs per package instructions
- 3 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 2 3.4 ounce boxes instant coconut cream pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13 baking pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix cake mix, water, vegetable oil,eggs and coconut extract until combined.
- Gently stir in coconut flakes.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan and spread evenly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until cake tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool cake for about 15 minutes then while the cake is still warm poke holes using the back of a wooden spoon or similar object over entire cake about 1/2 inch apart.
- Allow cake to cool completely before filling.
- In a large bowl mix together pudding mixes and milk and immediately pour all over cake and spread evenly and make sure all the pudding seeps into the holes.
- Refrigerate cake until pudding is set.
- Place heavy cream and sugar in large bowl.
- Using an electric mixer beat cream and sugar together on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Spread whipped topping evenly over entire cake.
- Sprinkle with coconut flakes.
- Keep cake refrigerated.
This recipe used Duncan Hines Classic White Cake mix with 1 cup water, 1/3 cup vegetable oil and 3 large egg whites.
For some extra texture top the cake with toasted coconut flakes. Place coconut flakes in a medium skillet over medium heat and stir occasionally until golden and toasted.
Wilton Cake Release or Wilton Bake Easy spray works great for cakes that don't stick!
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan