This easy coconut curry stir fry noodle dish is incredibly flavorful and is ready in 30 minutes! Add whatever vegetables you have on had to this dish and you’ll be in for a feast!
Author: Lisa Lin Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Yield: 4 Servings
For the Tofu
- 14-ounce (400g) package of extra-firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons tamari sauce (use soy sauce if not gluten free)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (or any sweetener of choice)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
For the Noodles
- 8 ounces (225g) flat rice noodles
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk (full fat or light coconut milk works)
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1/2 tablespoon tamari sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/3 cup sliced red onions (about 1 ounce/30g)
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemongrass (or lemongrass paste)
- 4.5 ounces (130g) red cabbage, thinly sliced (about a heaping cup)
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut to matchsticks or julienned (1/2 cup shredded carrots works also)
- salt, to taste
- sesame seeds
- red pepper flakes
Prepare the Tofu
- Slice tofu block into 6 slices, along the long side of the tofu. Press tofu slices into a paper towel to soak up some water. Chop each slice into 8 cubes. In a small bowl, mix tamari, coconut aminos, brown sugar, cornstarch, and water. Set aside.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add 1 tablespoon of sesame oil.
- Add tofu cubes and cook for 8-10 minutes, until the cubes are well browned. Flip tofu cubes periodically so that you get browning on more than one side. Tongs work very well for this. Pour in tamari sauce and watch it sizzle. If the sauce turns thick immediately, add a splash of water. Stir for a minute and dish up the tofu to a plate.
Prepare the Noodles
- Bring 5 cups of water (just over a liter) of water to boil. Salt the water. When water has boiled, turn of the heat and throw in rice noodles. Let it sit in there for 5 minutes. The noodles should be al dente. Drain water and rinse noodles under cold water. Set aside.
- Mix coconut milk, curry paste, and tamari together and set aside.
- Wipe down sauté pan. Heat pan over medium heat and add another tablespoon of sesame oil. Add onions and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until it softens. Add lemongrass and stir for about 30 seconds. Stir in red cabbage and cook for a minute.
- Toss in shredded carrots and a pinch of salt and cook for another minute. Add cooked rice noodles and coconut milk mixture. Stir everything for a minute, and mix in tofu cubes. Turn off heat and serve. Garnish with cilantro, sesame seeds, and red pepper flakes if you like.
NUTRITION INFORMATION: Makes 4 Servings. Amount Per Serving: Calories: 485, Total Fat 18.5g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g, Sodium: 851mg, Cholesterol: 0mg, Total Carbohydrate: 62g, Dietary Fiber: 4.7g, Sugar: 6.6g, Protein 21g
SUBSTITUTIONS: If you don’t have sesame oil on hand, olive oil works, too. Sesame oil just adds an additional nutty flavor to the dish. If you don’t have coconut aminos on hand, just add another tablespoon of tamari sauce.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : https://healthynibblesandbits.com/coconut-curry-stir-fry-noodles-glazed-tofu/