Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 15 mins
Total Time 25 mins
Scrambled eggs, cheese and sausage links rolled and baked inside a corn tortilla. These Egg and Sausage Breakfast Taquitos are simple and delicious!
Calories: 212 kcal
Author: Lauren Allen
- 7 oz box Jones Dairy Farm sausage links
- 5 large eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese , cheddar, pepper jack or Monterey jack
- 1 cup baby spinach , chopped (optional)
- 10 white corn tortillas , or use 6'' flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add the frozen sausage links to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, turning occasionally, until warmed through.
- Remove to a plate, leaving a little bit of the sausage grease in the pan.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and add a splash of water or milk. Whisk well with a fork and then add to the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes, tossing and scrambling as they cook. (If using spinach, add it to the pan about 2 minutes before the eggs are done cooking.) Remove from heat.
- Warm the tortillas inside of a damp paper towel for 10-15 seconds in the microwave.
- Divide the scrambled eggs among the tortillas and top with shredded cheese.
- Place a sausage link on top. Roll up and place, seam side down, on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper.
- Spray lightly with cooking spray and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with salsa for dipping.
To Freeze: Prepare and bake the taquitos as directed. Allow to cool completely and then place in a freezer ziplock bag. When ready to eat, microwave them until warm.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : https://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/egg-sausage-breakfast-taquitos/