Author: Lovely Little Kitchen
Prep time: 30 mins Cook time: 30 mins Total time: 1 hour
Serves: 16 rolls
FOR THE SLOPPY JOE MIXTURE
- 1 1/3 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon sriracha (or more to taste)
- 16 egg roll wrappers
- 8 cheddar cheese sticks (halved)
- vegetable or canola oil for frying
FOR THE SLOPPY JOES
- Add ground beef, salt, pepper, garlic, and onion to a large pan over medium high heat. Break into small pieces stirring occasionally until no longer pink.
- Drain excess fat. Add ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, Worcestershire, and sriracha. Cook 1-2 more minutes, then remove from heat.
- Lay egg roll wrappers out (diagonally) and place 2 heaping tablespoons of the sloppy joe mixture on each one.
- Top with a cheese stick half. Dip a finger or small brush in water and moisten the top edges of the egg roll wrapper.
- Roll up from the bottom, fold in the sides, and the continue rolling until the top edges seal the roll closed.
- In a large heavy bottomed pot, heat oil to 350 degrees. Using tongs, carefully drop a sloppy joe roll into the oil and fry for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Work in small batches. Remove the sloppy joe rolls, drain excess oil, and place on a paper towel.
- To reheat, place the rolls on a baking sheet in the center of a 300-degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : https://lovelylittlekitchen.com/fried-sloppy-joe-rolls/