Prep Time 5 mins
Cook Time 15 mins
Total Time 20 mins
Less than 30 minutes for this nutritious, comforting, and flu-fighting Ginger Garlic Noodle Soup with Bok Choy.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 shallots diced
- 1 bunch green onions chopped and green and white parts divided
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp fresh minced ginger
- 5-6 cups chicken stock or water (or mix
- 2-3 whole star anise
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 10 ounces sliced crimini mushrooms
- 6 ounces rice noodles
- 1-2 heads bok choy roughly chopped
- Sesame seeds for topping
- Red pepper flakes for topping
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium-sized stockpot over medium heat.
- To the oil add the diced shallots and mix well. Cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes, or until the shallots turn translucent and start to soften. Stir often.
- Chop the end off of each green onion- dividing the white part from the green part. Chop and set aside the green part for topping. Meanwhile, finely chop the white part of each green onion.
- Add the white part of the green onions, minced garlic, and ginger to the shallots and mix. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 1-2 minutes or until garlic and ginger is fragrant.
- Carefully pour the chicken stock or water (or mix) to the pot and bring to a simmer. To the pot add the star anise and soy sauce. Cover and continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove lid from the pot and carefully remove and discard each star anise from the soup.
- Add the sliced mushrooms, rice noodles, and bok choy to the pot and simmer for 5-8 minutes, or until noodles and bok choy are tender. Season to taste.
- Divide soup between bowls and garnish with sesame seeds, the green parts of green onions and red pepper flakes (if desired).
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : https://theforkedspoon.com/2017/1/29/ginger-garlic-noodle-soup-with-bok-choy/