This One Pot Cajun Chicken and Rice is a super easy and quick way to prepare a full Instant Pot chicken recipe with rice and veggies. Perfect for weeknights and leftovers make amazing lunches.
Course Main Course
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 -5 servings
Calories 473 kcal
- 1 lb. chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning divided
- 1 tablespoon oil olive or avocado
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1.5 cups white rice (I have used regular white, Jasmine and parboiled rice with success)
- 1 bell pepper cut into large chunks
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- Cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise to make then thinner. Season well from both sides with Cajun seasoning (about 2 teaspoons).
- Heat the Instant Pot by pressing the ‘Sauté’ button. Once display shows ‘HOT’ add the oil and sauté the onion and garlic until lightly browned.
- Stir in tomato paste then deglaze the pot with a few tablespoons if the broth. Make sure to scrape off any brown bits that may be stuck at the bottom. Turn off Instant Pot by pressing ‘Cancel’.
- Turn off Instant Pot by pressing ‘Cancel’. Then add rice, bell peppers, and 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning (or more to taste and more heat). Stir until well combined.
- Pour the remaining broth over the rice mixture and carefully arrange the chicken breast halves over top.
- Close the lid and turn the valve to ‘Sealing’. Cook on ‘Manual’ high pressure for 7-8 minutes (the latter at high altitude).
- Let the pressure release naturally (NPR) for 5 minutes, then release remaining pressure by turning the valve to ‘Venting’.
- Once the pin drops, carefully open the lid. Shred the chicken with two forks, then stir to combine the Cajun chicken with the rice. You can adjust the seasoning to taste at this point.
- Serve with chopped cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice.
Source : https://leelalicious.com/instant-pot-cajun-chicken-rice/