Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 5 mins Total Time: 15 mins Yield: 2 servings
- 1/2 pack rice noodles, or approx 7oz. (or brown rice noodles)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (or vegetable oil)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup-3/4 cup water
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- sesame seeds to top
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or agave
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp water
- Fill a large bowl with warm water. Put the rice noodles in the bowl and let them sit for 10 minutes while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Next prepare the sauce.
- Mix the peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, maple syrup, sriracha, and water together in a small bowl.
- Place in the microwave for 30 seconds to allow the peanut butter to melt. Mix the sauce until well combined.
- Heat the avocado oil in a large non-stick skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add the green onions and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Next add the garlic, cooking for another minute.
- Push the onion and garlic off to the side of the pan, and add the rice noodles to the pan. (*make sure to drain them first)
- Lower the heat to medium and pour in 1/2 cup of water. stir the noodles until they absorb the water. If the noodles are still firm, add a bit more water until they are tender, but still have a little chew to them.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and add the peanut butter sauce, stirring everything in the pot together.
- Remove from heat and divide the noodles into two bowls.
- Garnish with cilantro and sesame seeds.
Source : https://choosingchia.com/life-changing-peanut-butter-noodles/