Serves 2 | Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 90 Minutes
Recipe Source: Delicious As It Looks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 heaping teaspoon sugar
- 3 heavy dashes ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces
- 8 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 2 slices Canadian bacon, cut into pieces
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 heaping cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 stalk scallion, green part only, cut into small rounds
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9″ x 9″ baking pan with some oil or butter.
- Add the salt, sugar, and pepper to the heavy whipping cream. Lightly stir to combine well.
- Spread the potatoes, follow by the chicken, in one single layer. Sprinkle the bacon, butter, and then top with half of the cheddar cheese and the scallions.
- Pour the heavy cream over top of casserole. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour. Uncover the pan and bake for another 30 minutes.
- In the last 10 minutes, sprinkle with the remaining cheddar cheese and bake until the cheese is slightly crusty. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Instead of Canadian bacon, you can use 1 or 2 strips of bacon. If you use bacon, pre-cooked them until they are crisp first.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : https://rasamalaysia.com/baked-chicken-and-potato-casserole/