yield: 12-16 BROWNIES
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted (I use Challenge Butter)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 6 tbsp cocoa
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups (9 oz | 254g) chocolate chips
- 1 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread, such as Nutella
- 1 cup (6 oz | 169g) chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp shortening
TO MAKE THE BROWNIE:
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Grease a 9×9 baking pan or line it with parchment paper or aluminum foil, which you can use to remove the brownies from the pan when they are done.
- Combine the butter, sugar and vanilla extract in a medium sized bowl.
- Add eggs and mix until well combined.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in another medium sized bowl.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the egg mixture until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs.
ONCE THE BROWNIE IS COOLED, MAKE THE FUDGE:
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, butter, chocolate chips and Nutella in a metal or glass bowl. Set the bowl over a pot of simmering water.
- Stir mixture until everything is melted and smooth, then spread evenly over the brownies.
- Set brownies in refrigerator to set.
- Once set, add chocolate chips and shortening for topping to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on 15 second increments until the chocolate and shortening are melted and smooth.
- Spread chocolate into an even layer over the fudge.
- The chocolate should cool quickly and become firm. Cut into bars.
Store brownies in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Brownies are best for 2-3 days, but should be ok for up to 4-5 days.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : https://www.lifeloveandsugar.com/2015/11/04/nutella-fudge-brownies/