From the pantry, you'll need: olive oil, onion, garlic, canned chopped tomatoes, harissa, ground cinnamon, ground coriander, chickpeas (garbanzo beans), parsley.
Serves 4-6, with couscous or rice.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp harissa (or more, to taste)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 19-oz can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen petite green peas
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
- In a Dutch oven or heavy stock pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Sauté the onion until translucent and just starting to brown. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently to keep the garlic from burning.
- Stir in the harissa, cinnamon and coriander, and cook for 30 seconds to release the fragrance from the spices. Add the squash and tomatoes, stir to incorporate the spices, and add 2 cups of water. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to simmer, cover, and cook for 30 minutes, stirring a few times.
- Add the chickpeas, green peas and parsley, and continue to cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Taste, and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot, over couscous or rice.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : http://www.theperfectpantry.com/2012/01/recipe-for-vegan-butternut-squash-and-chickpea-stew.html