Prep Time 30 mins
Cook Time 15 mins
Total Time 45 mins
Calories: 659 kcal
- 1 1/2 pound Large shrimp peeled deveined
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup corn meal
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 -1 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon white or black pepper
- 3/4 -1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 Large egg
- 3-4 Hoagie or French rolls
- 2 cups sliced cabbage or shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 lemon
- 1-2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce adjust to taste
- 2 Tablespoons relish
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon creole seasoning optional
- salt to taste
- 3-4 French or Hoagie Roll
- 2. -3 Tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic clove crushed
- Preheat a deep-fryer to 375 degrees F or In a large, sauce pan pour vegetable oil - half way .
- In a large bowl mix together, cornmeal, flour, garlic , garlic & onion powder, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Mix buttermilk and eggs . Set aside
- Dip shrimp in buttermilk mixture and lightly deep into the flour mixture.
- Then fry the shrimp in the fryer or saucepan a few at at a time. Fry until slightly brown and crispy, about 3 to 4 minutes or more depending on the size. These big chunks took about 6 minutes per side.
- Remove from the fryer with a slotted spoon place on a cookie rack to ensure crispness.. Repeat with the remaining shrimp
- In a serving bowl combine, lemon juice from squeezed lemon, mayonnaise, garlic, pepper relish, green onions, mustard ,hot sauce ,Worcestershire sauce, creole salt and pepper Cover with plastic wrap and let the flavors mellow in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Place bread in the Oven and lightly toast.
- While bread is toasting, combine crushed garlic, and butter , then microwave in a safe dish for about 1 minute .
- Remove and spread on toasted garlic .
- Proceed with assembling the sandwich.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : https://www.africanbites.com/shrimp-po-boy/