Prep Time 20 mins
Cook Time 20 mins
Total Time 40 mins
These Strawberry Champagne Cupcakes are made with soft and moist strawberry cupcakes topped with a creamy and tangy Moscato infused strawberry cream cheese frosting.
Author: Wild Wild Whisk
For the cake:
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup chopped strawberry – yields 1/2 cup when pureed
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 drops red food coloring optional
For the frosting:
- 8 oz. regular cream cheese – room temperature
- 4 oz. unsalted butter – room temperature
- 1/2 cup powder sugar
- 1 oz. freeze-dried strawberry – ground into a powder
- 3 tablespoon Pink Moscato
To make the cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a regular size cupcake pan with cupcake liner.
- In a small bowl, measure out flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and sugar, mix well with a whisk and set aside.
- Puree 1 cup of chopped strawberry in a food processor, this will yield approximately 1/2 cup of pureed strawberry.
- Add the pureed strawberry, buttermilk, oil, egg, vanilla extract and food color in a medium bowl and beat with a whisk to combine.
- Slowly pour the flour mixture into the liquid mixture while slowly whisking with the other hand. Mix only until combine, use a spatula to scrape any flour on the side of the bowl and mix up anything at the bottom of the bowl.
- Divide batter equally among 12 cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes until an inserted toothpick in the middle of the cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove cupcakes from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
To make the frosting:
- Leave the cream cheese and butter out on the counter for a few hours until they reach room temperature and are softened, but not melted.
- Ground the freeze-dried strawberry in a food processor until a powder form.
- Cream the cream cheese and butter together with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy.
- Add powder sugar and powder freeze-dried strawberry, and mix to combine.
- Use a spatula to scrape the side and bottom of the mixing bowl as necessary.
- Finally, add Moscato to the frosting and mix well.
- Transfer frosting to a pastry bag fitted with the star tip, top cupcakes with frosting.
- Garnish cupcakes with sliced strawberries as desired.
I make the cupcake batter using just a hand whisk. You can use an electric mixer as well, just be sure to not overmix the batter.
Best enjoy within 1 – 2 days, but you can store cupcakes in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Let cupcakes come to room temperature before serving if stored in the fridge.
I used a food processor to puree the fresh strawberry and ground the freeze-dried strawberry, but a blender should also work if you don’t have a food processor.
Red food color is optional for a more visible pink cake batter.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : https://wildwildwhisk.com/strawberry-champagne-cupcakes/