Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 50 Tablespoon Sized Cookies
- 1 cup (8 oz or 2 sticks) of softened vegan butter (my favorite is Canoleo Margarine or Earth Balance)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk (I usually use soy or almond)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla paste
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt (see notes)
- 1 tsp baking SODA
- 12 oz dairy-free chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the over to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the softened vegan butter and both sugars with an electric hand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the non-dairy milk and vanilla. Mix well. Scrape the bowl and mix for a few more seconds.
- Add the flour, salt (if using), and baking SODA. Mix until most of the flour is gone and the dough has formed. Switching to a wooden spoon or spatula, scrap the bowl and mix the dough until all the flour is incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper with a tablespoon. Make sure each scoop has enough chocolate chips and flatten slightly.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until the edges of the cookies begin to turn golden brown. (See notes.)
- Remove the parchment paper from the baking sheet and onto a wire rack to cool.
- Once the cookies have cooled, remove from parchment paper and serve.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : http://veganchowdown.com/ultimate-chewy-chocolate-chip-cookies/