YIELD: Makes about 36 cookies
These twix cookies have a shortbread cookie, caramel filling, and chocolate topping - just like a twix candy bar!
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 15 oz of caramel (I used Kraft caramel bits)
- 2 Tbsp evaporated milk
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 tsp shortening
- Make the cookies: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Add vanilla, flour and salt and mix until well combined.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/2 inch thick. With a small biscuit cutter, cut out cookies and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone liner. Bake for 14-16 minutes, or until cookies are set and just beginning to brown on the bottom. Remove from oven and let cookies cool completely.
- Combine caramel and evaporated milk in a microwave safe bowl and melt according to package directions. Spread over cooled cookies and let set.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening in 30 second increments, stirring in between each increment until melted and smooth. Spread over the tops of cooled caramel.
- Let chocolate set before eating and serving.
Follow my PINTEREST ACCOUNT in Chloe Ditan
Source : http://www.whatmegansmaking.com/2015/12/twix-cookies.html